This is about … Malcolm …
My interests in no particular order (links coming …):
- Family History:
- I’m a trustee of GENUKI
- I maintain the GenUKI pages for the Channel Islands, England, Kent and Oxfordshire and the GenUKI events diary GenEvA.
- I’m chairman, webmaster and ex-editor for the Oxfordshire Family History Society.
- I’m chairman and ex-editor for the Pedigree Users Group.
- I’m an ex-trustee of the Federation of Family History Societies.
- I’m a member of the Kent Family History Society, the Folkestone and District Family History Society, the Sussex Family History Group, the Wiltshire Family History Society and (of course!) the Society of Genealogists.
- Although I have not (yet?) started a One-Name study, I’m a member of the Guild of One-Name Studies.
- My ancestors come from Kent, mostly around Tenterden and the Romney Marshes. Canterbury and then Thanet appear in the tree, but not until the late nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
- My wife’s ancestors are more diverse with established links from Wiltshire to Caithness – they were in service to a good class of families! Head’s of households in their census entries include surnames Percy and Balfour.
- Scottish Dancing – with Harwell Caledonian Society
- Morris Dancing – with Oxford City Morris Men and, occasionally, Oxford University Morris Men
- Amateur radio – but I never seem to have time for this one!